Right-wing “Christian” terrorism is something we all know exists but very rarely gets talked about. Instead of focusing on the most dangerous threat to the United States, the media much prefers to discuss how scary ISIS is, despite all of the evidence that proves conservative extremists are a far greater threat than jihadists.
These right-wingers are most often white American men who carry bibles and pledge their love for the flag, so they are treated as if they are “lone wolves” instead of an example of a much larger problem. Conservative politicians egg these dangerous people on by spouting “corrupt government” bullsh*t while screaming “SHARIA LAW! Hell, they just elected the biggest threat to America that we’ve seen since Hitler declared war on America. With all of this in mind, we’ve decided that we are sick and tired of that particular right-wing talking point and have created a list of the fifteen worst attacks by conservative America.
15 Examples of Conservative Terrorism
15. 2014 Las Vegas Shooting Spree: On June 8, 2014, Jerad and Amanda Miller went on a shooting spree in Vegas killing two police officers and one other because of their extreme anti-government views. The couple had previously participated in the Bundy protest at Cliven Bundy’s ranch.
14. Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood Shooting: On November 27, 2015, Robert Lewis Dear opened fire on a Planned Parenthood clinic killing a police officer and two others. When questioned about his motivation for the shooting Dear expressed that he wanted to be sure that “no more baby parts” were sold — a reference to the debunked videos claiming that PP sells baby parts.
13. Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church Shooting: On June 17, 2015, white supremacist Dylann Roof walked into the Emanuel AME Church, joined a group of African-Americans for Bible Study, prayed with them and then opened fire killing nine. When Roof was captured he told authorities that “someone had to do something” because black people were “raping white women” and “blacks were taking over the world.”
12. 2009 Holocaust Memorial Museum Shooting: Neo-Nazi James Von Brunn entered the museum and shot and killed security guard Stephen Johns. Von Brunn was a lifetime Holocaust denier and had previously served six years in prison for a 1981 attempt to kidnap members of the Federal Reserve Board.
11. 2009 Home Invasion Murder: Shawna Forde, executive director of Minutemen American Defense (MAD), orchestrated the home invasion murders of a 9-year-old Latina girl and her father. MAD is a violent anti-immigrant group that operates along the Mexican-American border.
9. Texas IRS Attack: On February 18, 2010, Joseph Andrew Stack flew his single-engine plane into an Austin building that housed IRS offices. Stack and an IRS manager were killed and 13 others were injured. Before he carried out his attack he left a long rant about the IRS and politicians online.
8. Three “Phineas Priests”: In 1996 three men, Charles Barbee, Robert Berry, and Jay Merelle, were charged with two bank robberies and bombings at the banks, a Spokane newspaper and a Planned Parenthood office. The men were anti-Semitic Christian Identity theorists who believed God wanted them to carry out violent attacks.
7. Buffalo Abortion Doctor’s Murder: On October 23, 1998, Dr. Barnett Slepian was assassinated in his home by James Charles Kopp. Kopp was affiliated with the Roman-Catholic anti-abortion group “The Lambs of Christ.”
6. Jackson Mississippi Shooting Spree: On April 12, 1996, Neo-nazi Larry Wayne Shoemake went on a shooting rampage in a predominantly black neighborhood, killing one and wounding ten others.
5. George Tiller Murder: On May 9, 2009, Scott Roeder, an anti-abortion extremist, shot and killed Dr. Tiller, a late term abortion provider. Tiller had long been a target of the right-wing nuts. Bill O’Reilly even referred to him as “Tiller the baby killer.” In 1986 his office was firebombed and in 1993 he was shot five times by another Christian terrorist. It was really only a matter of time before the rhetoric on the right led to his death.
4. Jewish Community Center Murders: On April 13, 2014, Frazier Glenn Cross opened fire at a Jewish community center and Jewish retirement community, killing three people. Miller was the founder and former leader of the Carolina Knights of the KKK and White Patriot Party.
3. Sikh Temple Shooting: On August 5, 2012, Neo-nazi Wade Michael Page opened fire on a Sikh temple in Wisconsin, killing six and injuring three. Sikhs are often confused by extremists as Muslims and have been targets of violence many times in the post 9/11 Muslims-hating frenzy.
2. 1997 Olympic Bombing: Eric Robert Rudolph detonated a nail-packed bomb at the 1997 Olympics held in Atlanta. The bomb killed one and injured more than 100. Rudolph wasn’t apprehended until 2003, and on his years on the run he carried out attacks on two abortion clinics and a gay bar. He was another follower of the anti-Semitic Christian Identity theology.
1. The Oklahoma City Bombing: Probably the most well known terrorist attack was in 1995 in Oklahoma. Timothy McVeigh and accomplice Terry Nichols blew up a 7,000-pound truck bomb at the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building. The blast killed 168 people, including 19 children and injured 500 more.
If you think of any other examples, please let us know in the comment section below. And don’t forget to bookmark this list for future dinners with your conservative family members.